The DCA Center “G. Joy”
The Center for the Treatment of Food Behavior and Weight Disorders “G. Gioia “located in the town of Chiaromonte (PZ) in Basilicata, has been active since August 2006 and has already hosted patients from many Italian regions. It has internal and external spaces that allow the therapeutic and rehabilitative activities to be carried out at the three levels of assistance: Integrated Surgery, Day Hospital, Rehabilitation Residence.
The “G. Joy”
She is a member of the treatment of patients with DCA (Anorexia, Bulimia, Bed), where outpatient treatment is ineffective. It is a nursing space, alternative to the hospital, where girls and boys can live an intensive psycho-nutritional therapy experience, accompanied by a rich and welcoming life experience. It has 20 beds in residential and 10 beds in semi-residential regime; the double rooms and with large living spaces. It represents the therapeutic continuation in the protected environment of a hospital stay or the alternative to hospitalization itself. The duration of the residential program varies from 3 to 5 months and is such as to allow a weighted recovery and the construction of an awareness of the pathology that can be accepted by the patient.
Access to the structure
It is established by the team and takes place at the request of the treating physician, the territorial services and / or directly at the request of the patient. Patients from all over the country are welcomed. Residential treatment and organization of activities The rehabilitation program of the Residence has characteristics of high specialization and assistance intensity. The organization of the day is extremely structured, both in the careful management of meals, and in activities aimed at making patients reacquire proper nutritional behavior. The program includes various care phases both from a psychological and nutritional point of view. The internal monitoring that takes place once a week (hematochemical and instrumental tests) is guaranteed by the services and / or departments of the Chiaromonte Hospital. Family members of resident guests make meetings with nutritionists, dietitians and psychotherapists every 15 days; there are also parental self-help groups.
- Toll free number 800 161315
- Responsible ( Edward N. Smith ) 865-835-9405.
- 5 daily assisted meals;
- Individual and group psychological-psychiatric interviews; Nutritional talks; Individual and group meetings with a dietician; Therapeutic and psychoeducational groups;
- Integrated activities: relaxation;
- postural gymnastics-schatzu massage-music therapy-literature-poetry-artistic workshop; Personalized recreational activities;
- Hypo-onotherapy activities;
- Mirror therapy; laboratory for the acquisition of techniques of familiarization with food, expressive-bodily activities.
Professional figures The complexity of the treatment required the establishment of a team composed of many professional figures working within a shared therapeutic project.
- A Head of the DCA (Dott.ssa Rosa Trabace);
- An Administrative Manager;
- A social assistant coordinator;
- Eleven educators;
- a psychiatrist;
- two nutritionists;
- Three psychologists-psychotherapists;
- A psychologist-psychotherapist (supervisor of clinical and integrated activities);
- An internist endocrinologist;
- Two dietitians;
- Two pediatricians Internists;
- A coordinating nurse;
- Two professional nurses;
- A coordinating physiotherapist;
- A gynecologist;
- A biologist;
- An anthropologist;
- A music therapist;
- Two operators-relaxation techniques;
- A laboratory activity operator;
- Three operators of ippo-onotherapy activities;
- Cleaning staff, kitchen operators, administrative staff.